Meet your Mental Health Ombudsperson, Heather Mills

Your go-to resource for mental health and wellness at UNB Law


Resources off campus:


  • Family Enrichment and Counselling Services

    • Non-profit, community agency dedicated to providing counselling services, educational programs, and mediation in Fredericton and surrounding area

    • 1-356 Queen St

    • 506-458-8211


  • Clinic 554

    • services offered include all scopes of medicine, from pediatrics to geriatrics with a focus on reproductive, trans*, LGBT/Queer, and HIV care

    • 554 Brunswick Street

    • 1-855-978-5434


Counselling on Campus:

UNB Counselling Services 
CC Jones 2nd Floor
(506) 453-4820


UNB Counselling Services offers free and confidential support services to full- and part-time UNB and STU students. If you feel like you need some support you can book an Initial Consultation appointment. 

Our team of Counsellors, Doctoral & Masters-level interns use a number of different approaches to help students.  When you meet with a member of our team for an initial consultation, one of the goals for the session will be to help you create a treatment plan that will meet your needs.

Some treatment options include:

  • Referral and assistance in accessing other campus and community resources

  • Self-directed resources like apps, websites or books

  • Supported online psycho-education and self-study (Therapist Assisted Online)

  • Group counselling

  • Short term individual counselling

Make an Appointment:

  • Drop by the office, located on the 2nd Floor of the CC Jones Student Services Centre.

  • They are open Monday-Friday from 8:15 am-4:30 pm from September-May and 8:00 am-4:00 pm from May-August, closing from 12:00-1:00 pm.

  • Or call (506) 453-4820

You'll be asked to complete some questionnaires on the computer and sign an Informed Consent. This can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes. 

Once this is completed, you will be scheduled for an Initial Consultation, typically within 2 days. 

Student Accessibility centre:

Located at Room 212, Marshall d'Avray Hall.  

506-453-3515 or

  • You can make an appointment online

  • They serve students with a wide variety of disabilities or illnesses. For example, ADD/ADHD, a learning disability, a mental health condition or disorder, a physical disability, difficulty hearing or seeing, Autism, a chronic illness, or a temporary illness or disability.

  • Your disability must be documented in order to register with the Centre and receive accommodation.

  • Once documented, you can register with the Accessibility Centre for the accommodation you may require. For example, a note taker, extra time for tests, extra time for assignments, writing tests in the Centre, or exam deferral.

  • Students already registered with the Centre do not need to submit a request form for final exams. However, all other tests and exams require a request form to be filled out at least 3 business days before the test or exam.

  • To discuss the specific accommodations, you will have to contact the Accessibility Centre directly.


The following services are provided on campus for UNB students:

  • Guidance, support, advocacy and advice from staff

  • Arrangements for instructional, classroom, and test/examination accommodations

  • Learning strategist support

  • Assistance with Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities applications (for qualifying students)

  • Transition and mentoring support 

  • Referrals to on-campus or community-based services such as counselling, psychological assessment services, writing/study skills, financial aid or health services

  • Collaboration and consultation with faculty, staff, and students about disability-related issues

  • Assistive technology assessment, training and support.

Academic Support:

  • Talk to your professor first.

  • Counselling services will not provide documentation of absence or illness unless the student has spoken with their professor first.

  • You also cannot receive documentation if you were not seen by counselling services during the period of the illness or absence.




On Campus:

  • Ntulsonawt Wellness Centre

  • Campus Sexual Assault Support Advocate

  • Mental Health Strategist

  • Student Health Centre

  • Writing and Study Skills Centre

  • Student Accessibility Centre

  • Student Advocate

  • Financial Aid

  • Residential Life

  • Campus Wellness Committee

  • Qmunity (LGBTQ+ group)

  • SLIC (Student Legal Information Centre)



  • Family Enrichment and Counselling Services

  • Mind Shift Clinic


  • Fredericton Addictions and Mental Health Services

  • Clinic 554

  • Canadian Mental Health Association NB Branch

  • Sexual Violence New Brunswick